The Toddler Clinic team is multidisciplinary team, including child and family health nurses, social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists.
Share this page
The Toddler Clinic offers a range of virtual and face-to-face services. We provide support to families with children aged 15 months to 3 years 11 months who are displaying behavioural issues and difficulties with emotional regulation. Our aim is to increase positive behaviours and provide strategies to help strengthen the parent-child relationship. We work closely with families to support their individual needs and provide opportunities to include additional support, such as our Aboriginal Health Liaison Officer, if required.
We have the following services available at the Toddler Clinic: We work in consultation with each family to connect you to the right program for your family’s needs.
- Provides education about toddler development, play skills, and behaviour management strategies via telehealth (video)
- Group sessions are 1-1.5 hours and are delivered over 4 weeks virtually
Brief Telehealth Intervention
- Learn about effective parenting strategies relevant to your individual family needs
- 1 or 2 telephone consultations
Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- PCIT is a specialised, evidence-based treatment program designed for young children who are experiencing behavioural and/or emotional difficulties
- A specialist therapist will provide live coaching to improve the quality of the parent-child relationship and increase your confidence to manage difficult behaviours
- Targeted behaviours are tracked and monitored over time
- PCIT appointments can be attended face-to-face or virtually
- Approximately 15 weekly sessions for 1 hour
Who uses Karitane toddler clinic
We work with families with children 15 months to 3 years 11 months who are displaying behaviour problems, these include:
- Physical and verbal aggression
- Destructive behaviour
- Sibling rivalry
- Anxiety and withdrawal
Please note that for support with your Toddler’s sleeping, toilet-training and eating, Karitane Careline can provide help over the phone on 1300 227 464. There are these videos as well. Provide link here.
How to start the process / what to do first
A referral from a health professional, such as your doctor or a child and family health nurse is preferred. To find your local child and family health centre, contact HealthDirect on 1800 022 222. Parents can also self-refer on-line here.
We are a COVID safe organisation and the safety and wellbeing of children and their families is always our highest priority. Our COVID-19 update is here.
Karitane Toddler Clinic is a free health service to the community (if you have a Medicare card with your child listed).
Training for Professionals
The Toddler Clinic provides Parent-Child Interaction Therapy and Parent-Child Interaction Therapy-Toddler training for clinicians and organisations. Training is available on request. Find out more.
Our Toddler Clinics are located at Carramar and Campbelltown.
- 138-150 The Horsley Drive, Carramar, NSW 2163
- Campbelltown Hospital, Therry Road Campbelltown. Access Karitane via Therry Road and Parkside Crescent
What parents say
- "Thank you for opening my eyes. Karitane has improved my relationship with both my children and I know so much more about being a parent now."
- “I feel more connected to my daughter and I enjoy spending time with her. There has been a noticeable change in her behaviour at home and childcare."
- “What a fantastic experience! I can be a confident Mum and my son a confident boy thanks to Karitane!"